FACEBOOK PHOTO CONTEST RULES
How to Enter
- Submit your photos via message to the Whale SENSE Facebook page or to email@example.com by FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3rd. You can enter up to one photo per category. With each photo include your name, the name of your whale watch company, date it was taken and a caption/description.
Categories include: a) breaching, b) scenic view c) tail shot d) non marine mammal, i.e. birds, fish, sharks.
- Voting will happen on the Whale SENSE Facebook page, so make sure you “like” or “follow” us to see how your photo(s) ranks.
- Voting will run from November 7- November 14. When voting opens, encourage your Facebook friends to “Like” your photo in the contest album! Each like/reaction is a vote, and participants can vote for as many photos as they want. The photo with the most votes in each category wins!
- We will notify the winners within 24 hours of the contest ending date. Winning photos will be featured on our Facebook page and website, and winners will receive a prize.
Any photo of marine mammals taken aboard a boat that participates in the Whale SENSE program (Atlantic and Alaska regions!) is eligible for submission, provided that they meet the Whale SENSE responsible advertising criteria. You will be disqualified if your photo shows any of the following:
- People touching, pursuing, chasing, attempting to swim with, or closely interacting with wild marine mammals or any activities that would violate the Marine Mammal Protection Act, Endangered Species Act or other regulatory measures.
- Pictures taken from a vessel underway within close approach zones. (The close approach zone is 100-300 feet from whales, or less than 3 boat lengths.)
- Photos should be taken while following all regional whale watching guidelines.
- We will not accept photos of right whales due to the 500 yard approach regulation.