Participating companies agree to have all captains, naturalists, and guides complete annual training as a part of the Whale SENSE program. Training should be completed within one month of the start of your season.
This training is self guided and is intended to streamline the process for your company to complete their program enrollment. Key features:
- Go at your own pace! You can leave and come back to the training at any point.
- Monitor your progress: A progress bar will allow you to see how much more of each lesson you have to complete.
- Quick assessments along the way will verify what you’ve learned so far.
- You’ll be able to download a certificate of completion once you’ve finished.
Staff working for a Whale SENSE company for more than 3 years are eligible for an abbreviated training. If this applies to you, you may switch to the abbreviated course HERE.
This training will cover:
- Background on what Whale SENSE is and its benefits to your company.
- Marine mammal conservation as it relates to whale watching.
- Responsible viewing practices and signs of disturbance from marine mammals
- Updates on whale research and conservation initiatives.
- Overview of Atlantic marine mammal species and behaviors.
- Effective conservation messaging strategies for whale watching interpreters.
KEEP AN EYE ON THE GREEN PROGRESS BAR.
100% COMPLETION IS REQUIRED.
A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION WILL BE AVAILABLE ONCE THE TRAINING IS COMPLETED.
If you encounter any issues completing your training, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any links to external websites, print-outs, fact-sheets, or videos are for your reference and to supplement the information presented. You will not be evaluated on them. These references will also be available on the Resources section of the Whale SENSE website.