This training is intended to give whale watch company staff an understanding of what their operators and naturalists are doing each trip to promote responsible whale watching practices and your company’s Whale SENSE participation. Naturalists and operators go through a more intensive version of this training; staff who are NOT naturalists or operators can go through this training on voluntary basis.
This training is self guided. Here are a few key features:
- Go at your own pace! You can leave and come back at any point. Just remember the login you created for your account.
- Monitor your progress: A progress bar will allow you to see how much more of each lesson you have to complete.
- You’ll be able to download a certificate of completion once you’ve finished.
This training will cover:
- Background on Whale SENSE and its benefits to your company.
- Marine mammal conservation as it relates to whale watching.
- Responsible viewing practices your captains are following.
- Resources to learn about Atlantic marine mammal species and behaviors.
KEEP AN EYE ON THE GREEN PROGRESS BAR.
A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION WILL BE AVAILABLE ONCE THE TRAINING IS COMPLETED.
If you encounter any issues completing your training, please send an email to email@example.com.
Any links to external websites, print-outs, fact-sheets, or videos are for your reference and to supplement the information presented. These references will also be available on the Resources section of the Whale SENSE website.